Clownfish ich?

MaxLR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear reefers,

Yesterday i was looking at 1 of my clowns and i sawe somenthing odd, there are really small white dots on his side. I cant rembember that he had the white spots from te beginning. i've been looking at his behavior but he acts normal and eats well. I dont know if it are white normal spots or that it may be ich. You can only see it when you come real close. The water parameters are all fine. I hope some one can give me advise on what to do.
DSC09704.JPG
DSC09702.JPG
DSC09707.JPG

Last edited:

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could just be some particles from the water that got stuck on him. I don't think its anything. I wouldn't worry unless he starts scratching against a rock or gets smothered.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, do nothing until such a time as the behavior of the fish changes, like rapid breathing, won’t eat, glassy eyes, rubbing or scratching.

OP
OP
M

MaxLR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unfortunately today i saw my clownfish scratching against the glass and filter. I'm preparing a hospital tank now for both my clownfish. I hope the infected clown will survive it.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unfortunately today i saw my clownfish scratching against the glass and filter. I'm preparing a hospital tank now for both my clownfish. I hope the infected clown will survive it.

Might be handy to get a biobrick and bacteria or similar for the qt tank if you wanna try and move the other fish over eventually.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back