Clownfish ID - Phantom or Wyoming White?

Nerdist Aquarist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up these two guys today, they were advertised as Phantom Clownfish, but to me they resemble more like Wyoming Whites? The one on the left is evenly white, but the one on the right has some interesting black dots. What variant are these?
20190720_195434~2.jpeg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I picked up these two guys today, they were advertised as Phantom Clownfish, but to me they resemble more like Wyoming Whites? The one on the left is evenly white, but the one on the right has some interesting black dots. What variant are these?

I agree they look like Wyoming Whites. The one with the small dots leans toward what you would see on a Frostbite, but based on the white dorsal fin and chest I would still tend to group it as a WW. Either way they are beautiful fish!

OP
OP
Nerdist Aquarist

Nerdist Aquarist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm with you all and think these are Wyoming Whites. They are actually the ones I wanted, I was just confused why they were labelled as something else. LFS mistake I suppose.

anew2thereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all quick one for ya! Is this guy a Wyoming white?....I just picked him up and they gonna get me a other baby during the week.. at LFS... his topfin tough is black.!?! But every else is white...? And would his face fill in more with white eventually...?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey y’all quick one for ya! Is this guy a Wyoming white?....I just picked him up and they gonna get me a other baby during the week.. at LFS... his topfin tough is black.!?! But every else is white...? And would his face fill in more with white eventually...?

I don't see a picture . . . did you mean to include one?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
At first glance it shares a lot of features with a Frostbite, but it does seem to have the dot behind the gill plate that shows up on some Wyoming Whites. Thoughts?

#clownfish

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 28.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.9%
Back