Clownfish ID - Phantom or Wyoming White?

Nerdist Aquarist

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 12, 2019
Messages
164
Reaction score
126
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up these two guys today, they were advertised as Phantom Clownfish, but to me they resemble more like Wyoming Whites? The one on the left is evenly white, but the one on the right has some interesting black dots. What variant are these?
20190720_195434~2.jpeg
 
I picked up these two guys today, they were advertised as Phantom Clownfish, but to me they resemble more like Wyoming Whites? The one on the left is evenly white, but the one on the right has some interesting black dots. What variant are these?

I agree they look like Wyoming Whites. The one with the small dots leans toward what you would see on a Frostbite, but based on the white dorsal fin and chest I would still tend to group it as a WW. Either way they are beautiful fish!
 
Yeah, I'm with you all and think these are Wyoming Whites. They are actually the ones I wanted, I was just confused why they were labelled as something else. LFS mistake I suppose.
 
Hey y’all quick one for ya! Is this guy a Wyoming white?....I just picked him up and they gonna get me a other baby during the week.. at LFS... his topfin tough is black.!?! But every else is white...? And would his face fill in more with white eventually...?
 
Hey y’all quick one for ya! Is this guy a Wyoming white?....I just picked him up and they gonna get me a other baby during the week.. at LFS... his topfin tough is black.!?! But every else is white...? And would his face fill in more with white eventually...?

I don't see a picture . . . did you mean to include one?
 
At first glance it shares a lot of features with a Frostbite, but it does seem to have the dot behind the gill plate that shows up on some Wyoming Whites. Thoughts?

#clownfish
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 46 33.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new