Clownfish is a mystery

LCW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clownfish in medical quarantine previously treated with proxipro. Black dots and stripes on body also white patch on chin, I know it’s something just not sure what?

IMG_4700.jpeg IMG_4696.jpeg IMG_4688.jpeg IMG_4684.jpeg IMG_4695.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clownfish in medical quarantine previously treated with proxipro. Black dots and stripes on body also white patch on chin, I know it’s something just not sure what?

Are these only on the fish's left side?
Have you treated the fish for protozoans yet? (copper, etc.)

These aren't symptoms of any of the major diseases, and could just be scrapes/minor injuries, possibly from tussling with the hawkfish.

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Flame hawk can be a devil. Any fighting or aggression? Tomato clown can also be a devil.
Marks look like remnants from scrapes or fighting and under the chin may be the same or fromn cleaning an area which they often do.
How did you use the PraziPro and for how long ?

OP
OP
L

LCW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flame hawk can be a devil. Any fighting or aggression? Tomato clown can also be a devil.
Marks look like remnants from scrapes or fighting and under the chin may be the same or fromn cleaning an area which they often do.
I only just put hawkfish up til I find fire out what is going on with him he has whiteish discoloration under jaw and belly. When I look real close on other side he has many little black dots I couldn’t get a clear enough picture

OP
OP
L

LCW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these only on the fish's left side?
Have you treated the fish for protozoans yet? (copper, etc.)

These aren't symptoms of any of the major diseases, and could just be scrapes/minor injuries, possibly from tussling with the hawkfish.

Jay
I have not used copper yet

OP
OP
L

LCW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8 days then cleaned tank and did another 8 days at 80%. Then just put them in clean saltwater still in the quarantine’s be tank because I saw clown issues and noticed tiny black dots like covering body and the other issues I saw which are shown in pics.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not used copper yet
Coppersafe should be used to reduce the possibility of protozoan infections. I generally run copper before prazi because protozoans kill fish faster than flukes do.
Jay

OP
OP
L

LCW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coppersafe should be used to reduce the possibility of protozoan infections. I generally run copper before prazi because protozoans kill fish faster than flukes do.
Jay
Is it possible to run copper now? This is a 5 gallon setup and I do have coopersafe on hand

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to run copper now? This is a 5 gallon setup and I do have coopersafe on hand

Well, I don't think that copper will resolve this coloration issue (especially if it is from fighting) but using coppersafe and prazi during an active quarantine is pretty standard. Here is our protocol:

Jay

OP
OP
L

LCW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I don't think that copper will resolve this coloration issue (especially if it is from fighting) but using coppersafe and prazi during an active quarantine is pretty standard. Here is our protocol:

Jay
Ok thank you Jay!

OP
OP
L

LCW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8 days on at 80% then another 8

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
8 days on at 80% then another 8
That would be right with a water change in between. Was assuring not overdosed as the package directions confuse many

OP
OP
L

LCW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be right with a water change in between. Was assuring not overdosed as the package directions confuse many
Yes did water change between doses. My question is with all the tiny black dots and markings should I do another dose of Prazi or a different med? I don’t want to put him back in display tank with his BTA and partner if something is wrong

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Yes did water change between doses. My question is with all the tiny black dots and markings should I do another dose of Prazi or a different med? I don’t want to put him back in display tank with his BTA and partner if something is wrong
Can you provide a closer pic of fish? I had a hard time seeing the area in previous pic.
Dont want to say yes to prazi when it may be something else

OP
OP
L

LCW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you provide a closer pic of fish? I had a hard time seeing the area in previous pic.

OP
OP
L

LCW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh!!!!

Attachments

• 70750562573__74C68026-E416-432F-A0EB-281E9F6876AF.MOV
    6.9 MB

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 34 45.9%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.1%
Back