Clownfish Lethargic, lost weight, rapid breathing

  • Thread starter Thread starter sethgmore
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sethgmore

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 13, 2022
Messages
120
Reaction score
45
Location
SoCal
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. My clownfish of 3 years just just recently started showing signs of disease. I didn’t notice anything until today. I feed every day and the past few days he’s acted normal but I was like hmm seems like he lost weight that’s weird. Then today I saw true signs of lethargy, rapid breathing and weight loss. He’s been laying on a coral of mine sideways for a while. Good news is he’s eating normal still. He’ll swim around for a bit and then lay back down. I dipped him in freshwater today and it seemed to be temporary relief. I don’t have a QT available. I ordered seachem metroplex and focus as well as garlic guard and I have mysis. I get it tomorrow but I’m wondering if anyone has any advice. Not sure how the chances of survival are looking but I’m trying everything I can because this was my first fish ever. He’s a fighter IMG_8072.jpeg
 
Hey everyone. My clownfish of 3 years just just recently started showing signs of disease. I didn’t notice anything until today. I feed every day and the past few days he’s acted normal but I was like hmm seems like he lost weight that’s weird. Then today I saw true signs of lethargy, rapid breathing and weight loss. He’s been laying on a coral of mine sideways for a while. Good news is he’s eating normal still. He’ll swim around for a bit and then lay back down. I dipped him in freshwater today and it seemed to be temporary relief. I don’t have a QT available. I ordered seachem metroplex and focus as well as garlic guard and I have mysis. I get it tomorrow but I’m wondering if anyone has any advice. Not sure how the chances of survival are looking but I’m trying everything I can because this was my first fish ever. He’s a fighter IMG_8072.jpeg
Realized picture quality sucks but he’s a white clown and that’s him laying on my favia coral sideways
 
Hey everyone. My clownfish of 3 years just just recently started showing signs of disease. I didn’t notice anything until today. I feed every day and the past few days he’s acted normal but I was like hmm seems like he lost weight that’s weird. Then today I saw true signs of lethargy, rapid breathing and weight loss. He’s been laying on a coral of mine sideways for a while. Good news is he’s eating normal still. He’ll swim around for a bit and then lay back down. I dipped him in freshwater today and it seemed to be temporary relief. I don’t have a QT available. I ordered seachem metroplex and focus as well as garlic guard and I have mysis. I get it tomorrow but I’m wondering if anyone has any advice. Not sure how the chances of survival are looking but I’m trying everything I can because this was my first fish ever. He’s a fighter IMG_8072.jpeg
Please post a you tube version video of at least 20 seconds under bright white light intensity - No blue
This is what we see from your pic:

1750410387633.png
 
Realized picture quality sucks but he’s a white clown and that’s him laying on my favia coral sideways

Sorry - can’t see anything in the photo. A fish laying sideways on the bottom often indicates it is moribund, actively dying.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new