Clownfish lying in sand bed

insane_blaine25

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 14, 2024
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a pair of clownfish for a month now and one of them continues to lay in the sand bed in the exact same spot all the time. Clownfish swims swims to eat and seems to be healthy other than that. My first thought was ich or velvet but I’m not so sure since all my other fish seem happy and healthy. Parameters are all good and stable. I’m still new to reefing and am unsure of what to do. Any advice?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0804.mov
    18.2 MB
Here are some photos
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0806.png
    IMG_0806.png
    750.4 KB · Views: 79
Probably not velvet but it could be ich, flukes, or an oxygen problem. Is your tank getting proper aeration?

Some better photos would also help.
 
Probably not velvet but it could be ich, flukes, or an oxygen problem. Is your tank getting proper aeration?

Some better photos would also help.
Not sure about the aeration but all the other fish are swimming normally and eating normally. Should I dip for flukes?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new