Clownfish mystery murder

JWhitener

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 2 perfectly heathly Picasso clowns for a month in my 45 gallon tank. They were housed with one lawnmower blenny, one Flame Angel, one Fire Shrimp, and several nassarius/Turbo/Cerith snails. Started the tank with live rock from KP Aquatics and so far have only seen a few brittle stars, bristle worms, and one fire worm. This morning I noticed both of the clowns had disappeared. I searched everywhere and could not find either of them. Then later today I found one of the remains of one of them. Appears to have been eaten on. What could do this? In the month all the fish have been in the tank there has been no aggression. The clowns were a lot smaller than the other fish. Could one of the other fish do this? Maybe a hitchhiker I haven't seen? I'm nervous to even add anything else to the tank. I want to get 2 more clowns but how can I make sure they are safe? Thanks guys!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It was Mr. Mustard in the library with the candlestick. Sorry - all jokes aside - and sorry for your loss - it could be multiple things. 1. They could have died of disease - and been partly eaten by the CUC. 2. There could be a predator in your tank. 3. They could have been fighting and injured each other. 4. One could still be hiding. (its. been known to happen)

Back