Clownfish not acting normal! NEED URGENT HELP!

Will do, I am doing 1 fish at a time just so it is easier to monitor
Assume both have it and treat the pair. Nothing worse than treating one and ready to return it to display to have the other one sick
 
And metro should arrive by friday so I start dosing that? Anything else I need?
I again would not do the metro which is best with uronema and mainly internal parasites.
 
You should treat both clowns, its very contagious. I honestly can't tell from the video if it is brook but if you see excess mucus, that is key.
Just did the FW dip on the first one, he acted dead but then started jumping up so i decided to take him out and transfer to qt tank. I'm kind of scared, should I transfer the other one too?
 
I again would not do the metro which is best with uronema and mainly internal parasites.
Did the FW dip, he was pretty active for a little bit, but then he is back to just sitting on the ground as the QT has no sand.
 
You should treat both clowns, its very contagious. I honestly can't tell from the video if it is brook but if you see excess mucus, that is key.
Did the FW dip, he was pretty active for a little bit, but then he is back to just sitting on the ground as the QT has no sand.
 
I won't lie, it may be hard to save the little guy. Especially without formalin
 
Did the FW dip, he was pretty active for a little bit, but then he is back to just sitting on the ground as the QT has no sand.
Remember again, this is a temporary RELIEF measure and not a cure.
 
I won't lie, it may be hard to save the little guy. Especially without formalin
Yup, both died, what should I do now? I need to leave the main tank with no fish 4-6 weeks right? What else do I need to do, any medications I need to add into the tank. The fish were from petco, do you know if they give you a discount or anything as they used to refund you if your freshwater fish died but idk about saltwater. Btw the sickness came from petco as I got the fish 2 days ago and it was already moving weird the night of getting it. I thought they weren’t sick as at the petco store, they were swimming around, although be it they had a really small tank there, but probably because the disease hadn’t worsened.
 
Yes, I was doing it just to buy me some time, but both ended up passing away this morning.
Sorry to hear. In cases like this, you want to act as soon as possible as often gills and respiration is affected. Moving forward, if getting clowns or chromis, Quarantine them at least 21 days with Ruby Rally
 
Yup, both died, what should I do now? I need to leave the main tank with no fish 4-6 weeks right? What else do I need to do, any medications I need to add into the tank. The fish were from petco, do you know if they give you a discount or anything as they used to refund you if your freshwater fish died but idk about saltwater. Btw the sickness came from petco as I got the fish 2 days ago and it was already moving weird the night of getting it. I thought they weren’t sick as at the petco store, they were swimming around, although be it they had a really small tank there, but probably because the disease hadn’t worsened.

You don’t need to put anything in the tank, just go fallow.

You can still add inverts during fallow.

Petco does not guarantee fish.

I would quarantine fish even if you get them at a LFS, fish come in sick from there too. The captive fish are often mixed with wilds and wilds are all exposed to each other at wholesalers before they go to the LFS. So disease is passed around.
 
You don’t need to put anything in the tank, just go fallow.

You can still add inverts during fallow.

Petco does not guarantee fish.

I would quarantine fish even if you get them at a LFS, fish come in sick from there too. The captive fish are often mixed with wilds and wilds are all exposed to each other at wholesalers before they go to the LFS. So disease is passed around.
Ok, I am just going to have no fish or inverts
 
Sorry to hear. In cases like this, you want to act as soon as possible as often gills and respiration is affected. Moving forward, if getting clowns or chromis, Quarantine them at least 21 days with Ruby Rally
Quarantine before adding them in main tank? What happens if they don’t have brook, and I put in Ruby Rally?
 
You don’t need to put anything in the tank, just go fallow.

You can still add inverts during fallow.

Petco does not guarantee fish.

I would quarantine fish even if you get them at a LFS, fish come in sick from there too. The captive fish are often mixed with wilds and wilds are all exposed to each other at wholesalers before they go to the LFS. So disease is passed around.
So quarantine fish before adding into main tank with anything or just leave them in the qt? Also the fallow is for 4 weeks right?
 
So quarantine fish before adding into main tank with anything or just leave them in the qt? Also the fallow is for 4 weeks right?

I would QT before adding them to the tank.

I would do 45 days at the temp of 81
 
I would QT before adding them to the tank.

I would do 45 days at the temp of 81
With just water right? like no need to add anything such as any medications, also is this for every fish or just clownfish? can I just quarantine other fish for a shorter period of time? and do i need to add ruby rally or anything? can I empty my qt right now and if I were to get a new fish, it would be quarantined by the time my main tank finished fallow so I can add it in?
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new