Clownfish not moving! Please help!!!

paxton.rock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this clownfish from the store and he was bedded down in the corner of the tank at the store. I’ve seen MANY clownfish do this.

Only thing about this one, once he was introduced to my tank, he has not left the corner/sand bed for several days. He doesn’t even want to swim up to eat. This does not seem like normal behavior.

He is not showing signs of anything. No spots, nothing off about his breathing, bo scratching. What is wrong with him.

Photo reference below:

IMG_3837.jpeg

Last edited:

mangolove

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure he is still alive? I mean if he is there for a couple of days and doesnt eat?
Did you test for ammonia, nitrite?
How do you handle salinity?
What is ur flow like?
Maybe there is a hitchhiker in your tank that could be harming the fish.

Reference for nitrite : Nitrite

OP
OP
paxton.rock

paxton.rock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure he is still alive? I mean if he is there for a couple of days and doesnt eat?
Did you test for ammonia, nitrite?
How do you handle salinity?
What is ur flow like?
Maybe there is a hitchhiker in your tank that could be harming the fish.

Reference for nitrite : Nitrite
Parameters are all perfect. I have 7 other fish perfectly healthy. He is still alive. When I force him up from the sand, he just falls right back down.

mangolove

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parameters are all perfect. I have 7 other fish perfectly healthy. He is still alive. When I force him up from the sand, he just falls right back down.

Is ur niger fish maybe picking on him? Had a dwarf angelfish do the same in my tank to another dwarf angelfish and one became very stressed and tired.

Very weird, never heard of this behaviour before. His fins do work?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I got this clownfish from the store and he was bedded down in the corner of the tank at the store. I’ve seen MANY clownfish do this.

Only thing about this one, once he was introduced to my tank, he has not left the corner/sand bed for several days. He doesn’t even want to swim up to eat. This does not seem like normal behavior.

He is not showing signs of anything. No spots, nothing off about his breathing, bo scratching. What is wrong with him.

Photo reference below:

IMG_3837.jpeg
Can't get a good look at fish per pic. How was fish acclimated and for how long?
A fish at LFS should be active and swimming around and even causing a challenge to being caught/netted. It was likely sick at time of purchase. I suggest speaking with LFS owner and see about a return and exchange.
Buy a fish that is active, interacts well with others in the LFS display, ask to see it eat, observe skin for blemishes-injury- abnormality and assure its breathing normal and not labored

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 54 39.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 27.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back