Clownfish not wanting to eat what I give them.

Bradley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I know I've already posted one thread about this, but I really didn't get any answers to my question... so I'm going to ask again. LOL. So I recently installed a hob protein skimmer that has been putting a ton of micro bubbles into my tank. My smallest clownfish (I have a mated pair) was eating just fine before I installed it and now he doesn't seem to be eating at all. Is this normal? He seems to be showing more interest in food, but he doesn't really eat, he just spits it back out.

Cment

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are you feeding it? try feeding it a variety of things such as a mix of frozen and pellets...

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clown could be stressed out by the microbubbles. How long ago was the skimmer added?

Cameron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had that issue with a clown before. I mixed two different kinds of food, and noticed that he ate some and spit other food out. It took a little trial and error, but I was able to find out what he likes.

OP
OP
Bradley

Bradley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking it was probably the bubbles, the protein skimmer has been on it for almost a week now. I feed my tank a mix of shrimp and i put phytoplankton and zooplankton in the tank for the corals, he seems to eat the plankton, but you can't really tell because they're small. LOL

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you could place a small filter sock/media bag over the return from your skimmer. Just to see if that will diminish the micro bubbles and maybe stop your clown from stressing!

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My smaller of my pair stopped eating for 5 days in my QT (DT is fallow). I read that someone had success with cyclops so I tried that and now it goes nuts eating all the cyclops it can. It used to eat pellets and mysis and my home made blend. I am just happy it is eating again.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 3 6.8%
Back