Clownfish pair

Slot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few months ago i bought 2 picasso clowns, one became a little bigger, not sure if it became the female yet i dont know too much about clowns, and the other stayed the same size. The smaller clown made a little cave under a rock, and sadly a crab got him. This was a few months back. I bought a black and white percula last night, smallest of the bunch hoping it was a male, and my two clowns almost fought to the death, with my bigger older clown hiding and breathing heavy. This morning they both look happy and swim together. Is there any behavior i can look for to see if ones a male and ones a female? Im scared the black and white one i bought may have been a female too, and i wanted to make these into a mated pair.(sorry for any typos i just woke up)
e05473e365d5f4415b09b31c2af0b206.jpg

OP
OP
Slot

Slot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They havent fought since yesterday

OP
OP
Slot

Slot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they've just become a bonded pair.
next they find a home.normally one will become larger than the other
vic
Will 2 females become a bonded pair? I was worried the black might be a female, the picasso already was before i added the black

BummersReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't start as young fish as either male or female - they are neither - it's called hermaphrodite. When two are paired together the more dominate one will turn into the female and the other will become the male

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 117 74.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back