Clownfish pre-spawing?

WindyCityReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done a little reading but am still un decided if my clowns are pre-spawing or not. I have had a pair black and white ocellaris clowns (the female is a misbar) for about a year and half two years. Over the past couple of month the female has become real agressive alway biting me when I get near what I am calling their den. More recently probably the past month or so they have been vigorously cleaning the rock they will scrub the inside of this cave and the outside of it, all over it. The male even goes upside down and scrubs the opening of the this arch part. I think they are per-spawing but I am not sure.

I really didnt care but then they began to take interest in a tile I have a clacie frag on and they did some minor damage to the outer rim. So I moved the chalice and they have tracked it down again. They haven't really touched it but I just moved it the other day. So this is my question, could I try to give them and alternative spot to spawn in say a small terra cotta pot or a tile? Are they going to do this forever?

Thanks in advance for any advice, new to the forum.

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would put in a ceramic tile in there -- at or near the spot that they are cleaning now. I have had both maroons and Clarkii spawn on those.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back