Clownfish stuck in Nero 5 cage

Came home and couldn’t find one of my clowns, then I noticed it somehow got stuck inside the Nero nem guard. I pulled the guard off and it immediately swam away. But his top fins are sheared off and his pectoral fins are damaged. He can swim, I’m assuming he will heal and be fine? There are no aggressive tank mates.

Sorry to hear this. Was the pump off any amount of time?

Depending on the amount of damage, it could heal.

Pictures?
 
Should be okay. However id recommend getting their fish guard since he might be a weaker swimmer. They are practically free, just pay shipping. I have two coming in this weekend. Found this link here on reef2reef. I had no idea they started giving these away to people who already had pumps.

Edit: Is this the guard you already have? Because I haven’t had a fish get caught without a guard. Would be good to know. I may not use it.

https://shop.aquaillumination.com/collections/nero/products/nero-5-fish-guard
 
I'm sorry to hear about the fin damage. Clownfish fins are amazingly resilient, but keep an eye out for any signs of infection. I'm cheering for the fish!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new