Clownfish sucking on frogspawn?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MikeyZo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MikeyZo

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2025
Messages
851
Reaction score
1,460
Location
Long Island
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve read that this is part of the hosting thing but I’ve never had a clown that hosted a coral or anemone. Is that what this is? Sucking on the frogspawn tentacles? He’s not doing any damage and other that a little bit of retraction, the coral doesn’t seem to mind.

 
In my opinion - the coral is hosting the clown but thats a never-ending debate. But - yes - assuming there is no compatible anemone - the clown will suck or touch a coral with its body until it is not feeling pain. I.e. the body gets used to the toxin.
 
Yeah, coral hosting the clown. Just went backwards from my brain to my fingers. Maybe I need to get used to that toxin also… lol
 
No - you were 'right' many people say the clown is hosting the anemone - and vice versa - it was kind of a joke
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new