OP
OP
naselflee

naselflee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

good lessons are found there. All votes to be hesitant on qt come from ones own tank example and inherent skill that absolutely doesn’t transfer outbound very well. quarantine hesitancy never comes from working retention in others tanks and then being able to quick link ten examples where disease issues were fixed in expressing systems without fallow and qt. Folks stay clear of those jobs, and yield to Jays advice.
I’ll give you the history of my tank.
So the two clownfish were originally in a 90 litre tank by them selves for 2 months, then I added the foxface.
Everything was running smoothly, but felt it was cruel for the forxface to be in a small tank,
So I upgraded to the 400 litre.
The 2 clownfish and the foxface went in there first, before I slowly started adding the other fish in. The other fish were from a person who does tank to tank transfer.
The last fish to be added was the pj cardinals.

When I added the hippo tang a couple of months ago, I noticed within days it was flashing, so I added prazipro and the flashing went away within a week.
The flashing was 3 months ago and no fish has been flashing since.

eveything has been perfect apart from the nitrates which is a little high.

I just don’t know what went wrong. I feed them the same time every morning and check them to make sure I don’t see any spots or anything.
I feed them usually brine, mysis, ocean nutrition flakes.
I also add a little garlic to the brine and fish vitamin to keep them healthy

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so sorry for your loss! As others have said it might be hard to diagnose what the problem might have been without pics/video, but that's moot since you already buried the clown. I will say I have had this happen with fresh water fish. It still leaves me shaking my head months/years later. No disease, etc. just gone almost like a heart attack.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you thought about running a remote web cam (widely and cheaply available) to rule out possible aggression issues in your tank? While nothing that you've stated leads me to believe that this was the cause of your fish's death, capturing footage of tank behaviour when you're not present can be quite illuminating.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back