Clownfish Swimming Head Up

2manyideas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this young clownfish who for a few days now has been swimming like the picture. Never quite vertical but never regular either. He had been swimming in front of a power head so I assumed he was just hosting it however this morning I woke up to find him close to the sand bed doing the same swimming motion and breathing heavily (opening and closing his mouth rapidly) I did some research on here and pulled up a thread on a possible spinal injury and the possibility of velvet. He is in the quarantine tank now. No color loss or if so it’s hard to tell because he is mostly white, I don’t see any cuts or abrasions, no spots out of the regular. He hasn’t been bullied that I’ve seen either. I have four other clowns that all look healthy. He is the only one exhibiting these symptoms.

image.jpg

OP
OP
2manyideas

2manyideas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this young clownfish who for a few days now has been swimming like the picture. Never quite vertical but never regular either. He had been swimming in front of a power head so I assumed he was just hosting it however this morning I woke up to find him close to the sand bed doing the same swimming motion and breathing heavily (opening and closing his mouth rapidly) I did some research on here and pulled up a thread on a possible spinal injury and the possibility of velvet. He is in the quarantine tank now. No color loss or if so it’s hard to tell because he is mostly white, I don’t see any cuts or abrasions, no spots out of the regular. He hasn’t been bullied that I’ve seen either. I have four other clowns that all look healthy. He is the only one exhibiting these symptoms.

image.jpg
Edit: he went to grab at a piece of food, touched the anemone speedily swam regularly away from it and continued swimming like the picture

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 67 34.4%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back