Clownfish Swimming Head Up

2manyideas

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2021
Messages
165
Reaction score
139
Location
Nampa
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this young clownfish who for a few days now has been swimming like the picture. Never quite vertical but never regular either. He had been swimming in front of a power head so I assumed he was just hosting it however this morning I woke up to find him close to the sand bed doing the same swimming motion and breathing heavily (opening and closing his mouth rapidly) I did some research on here and pulled up a thread on a possible spinal injury and the possibility of velvet. He is in the quarantine tank now. No color loss or if so it’s hard to tell because he is mostly white, I don’t see any cuts or abrasions, no spots out of the regular. He hasn’t been bullied that I’ve seen either. I have four other clowns that all look healthy. He is the only one exhibiting these symptoms.

image.jpg
 
I have this young clownfish who for a few days now has been swimming like the picture. Never quite vertical but never regular either. He had been swimming in front of a power head so I assumed he was just hosting it however this morning I woke up to find him close to the sand bed doing the same swimming motion and breathing heavily (opening and closing his mouth rapidly) I did some research on here and pulled up a thread on a possible spinal injury and the possibility of velvet. He is in the quarantine tank now. No color loss or if so it’s hard to tell because he is mostly white, I don’t see any cuts or abrasions, no spots out of the regular. He hasn’t been bullied that I’ve seen either. I have four other clowns that all look healthy. He is the only one exhibiting these symptoms.

image.jpg
Edit: he went to grab at a piece of food, touched the anemone speedily swam regularly away from it and continued swimming like the picture
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new