Clownfish swimming weird

Hud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a clownfish yesterday along with 2 other fish. The quarantine tank has copper(cupramine) in it and the other fish are swimming fine but the clownfish sometimes goes to the very top of the tank like this
A0889367-4EF6-48A5-9813-2BE7807FB543.jpeg
He will move around the corner and switch sides. Is this normal ?

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree. A video would help to know for sure. But honestly my little guy goes to the top every evening and likes to ride the current up there. Sometimes his lady gets mad and makes him come down w/her, sometimes she allows it lol.

OP
OP
Hud

Hud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the bad quality

Attachments

• IMG_2666.MOV
    34.3 MB

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I put a vid
As far as I can see, the fish doesn't look to be having breathing trouble or to be gasping at the surface or anything. Most likely weird clownfish stuff. Unless it's breathing hard and I'm not seeing it.

Here is my little dude doing a similar thing. Does this every evening when the lights go off, and in the morning right before they come on, in the exact same spot:

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks to me like the clownfish decided to use the corner silicone near the top as a host! Clowns seem to be weird like that.

My pair chose the bottom of the overflow weir as a host and swim just like yours except at the bottom of the internal weir of an external overflow box.

OP
OP
Hud

Hud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I can see, the fish doesn't look to be having breathing trouble or to be gasping at the surface or anything. Most likely weird clownfish stuff. Unless it's breathing hard and I'm not seeing it.

Here is my little dude doing a similar thing. Does this every evening when the lights go off, and in the morning right before they come on, in the exact same spot:

Ok that’s good to hear I love your clown

OP
OP
Hud

Hud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks to me like the clownfish decided to use the corner silicone near the top as a host! Clowns seem to be weird like that.

My pair chose the bottom of the overflow weir as a host and swim just like yours except at the bottom of the internal weir of an external overflow box.
Clowns are weird thank you I’m glad to hear that

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd put it in my QT tank for a while and watch more closely plus if you need to dose for some medicines it's easier there
I honestly don't think this requires a move to a QT at this time, which would stress the fish and perhaps cause more harm than good. Not a bad idea to keep an eye on the fish, but what I saw in the video doesn't look like an issue to me.

OP
OP
Hud

Hud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd put it in my QT tank for a while and watch more closely plus if you need to dose for some medicines it's easier there
It’s in a quarantine tank with copper but thank you

OP
OP
Hud

Hud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly don't think this requires a move to a QT at this time, which would stress the fish and perhaps cause more harm than good. Not a bad idea to keep an eye on the fish, but what I saw in the video doesn't look like an issue to me.
It’s in a quarantine tank with copper I quarantine all my new fish. But I will keep an eye on him thank you

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 147 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back