Clownfish tank stocking suggestions

yanni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

I just purchased my first reef tank in preparation to set up a clownfish and nem tank! Of course I’ll have my CUC, probably some small snails and a shrimp! And, I’ll only be having 2 clownfish!

I was just wondering, will the tank I’m using, 75Litre, 20 Gallon, be big enough to comfortably support these critters? As in, will they all have enough room in the tank?

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

I just purchased my first reef tank in preparation to set up a clownfish and nem tank! Of course I’ll have my CUC, probably some small snails and a shrimp! And, I’ll only be having 2 clownfish!

I was just wondering, will the tank I’m using, 75Litre, 20 Gallon, be big enough to comfortably support these critters? As in, will they all have enough room in the tank?
Yep

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20 gallon will do just fine. Keep in mind that you should not attempt to put an anemone in the tank for at least the first 9 months. Seen a lot of people in your position that don't know that.

OP
OP
yanni

yanni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20 gallon will do just fine. Keep in mind that you should not attempt to put an anemone in the tank for at least the first 9 months. Seen a lot of people in your position that don't know that.
I think that’s probably the one piece of advice I’ve heard a lot, and very often. I’ll definitely be making sure I don’t put it in too early, and will definitely wait a while to add it!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back