Clownfish ulcer?!

KVYA

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2015
Messages
844
Reaction score
223
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone.

I got a juvenile frostbite clown back in June. Starting maybe 2-3 months ago, I noticed that she would occasionally rub her left side against the sand bed. I tried to look for any signs of ich or anything else, but nothing. I finally noticed today that there appears to be an ulcer on her left side. It’s very mild and looks like one of her black spots with the blue hue around it.

I tried to get a good photo, but the lighting wouldn’t let me.

Should I give her methylene blue baths or something? I don’t have a quarantine tank.
And could it be a possible bacterial infection?

76021B93-3BED-41BF-94B2-A5E65CBEB77F.jpeg
 
Personally I would let it it ride for awhile. Clowns do all kinds of weird things. IMO just watch it for a month or so, if it appears to get worse then look to treatment.
 
Maybe flukes? My clown scratched in the sand like that when it had them :[
 
It doesn't look like it's doing anything odd for a clown from the video. I agree with riding it for a bit.
 
Looks fine, swimming in the current
 
you can do a freshwater dip, make sure you run a air bubbler 5min i have designer clownfish, the frostbite you have it's sure is beautiful with dots.

do you have hermit crab or corals in the tank?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new