Clownfish

ifwisheswerefishes

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2020
Messages
60
Reaction score
33
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish compatibility question.
I have a Percula clownfish and an Ocellaris clownfish. They do not even look at my 2 large bubletipped anemones to host them. Nor do they host any other soft coral or LPS in my tank. The pair of clownfish don’t really seem to care about eachother either. Clearly one is a large Female and the other a small male. I have had them both for over one year. I would like to know thoughts and experiences of adding a skunk clownfish to my tank. Hopefully it will host the BTA.
Tank is mixed reef 125 gallons. Very established. Thank you in advance.
 
what is the goal exactly? Just add another clownfish? I think it'd be fine in a tank that size, but clowns can be aggressive to other clowns so there's never any guarantee.
 
Upvote 0
what is the goal exactly? Just add another clownfish? I think it'd be fine in a tank that size, but clowns can be aggressive to other clowns so there's never any guarantee.
The goal is to have a clownfish host my bubble tip anemones. Mine will not at all. I have read that the skunk clown is more of a natural to Btas.
Thank you for your response. I know that clowns can be aggressive. So far mine are not.
 
Upvote 0
what is the goal exactly? Just add another clownfish? I think it'd be fine in a tank that size, but clowns can be aggressive to other clowns so there's never any guarantee.
The goal is to have a clownfish host my bubble tip anemones. Mine will not at all. I have read that the skunk clown is more of a natural to Btas.
Thank you for your response. I know that clowns can be aggressive. So far mine are not.
Ah I see. I’ve found that isolating the clown and nem in close quarters works best. I keep them in a breeder box or pasta strainer until the clown accepts the nems as a host, and then the bond is basically unbreakable.
 
Upvote 0
The goal is to have a clownfish host my bubble tip anemones. Mine will not at all.

I've read so many posts about this, and I find it puzzling.

Any time I've added an anemone, the clown fish always go right to it.

Maybe I'm lucky.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new