Clownish bloated, egg bound?

buddy.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, just wanted some opinions on my female clown.

I have had her for 12 years now and she has laid eggs on and off over this time. The last time was a few months ago.
For the last week or so she has gotten fatter than she usually would before laying eggs.
Her breathing is faster than usual and she doesn't seem to be to interested in food.

She has has some small amounts of white stringy poo.
Her swimming and behavior seems to be normal otherwise.
I took her out and gave her a gentle squeeze/rub but nothing else came out.

The fish looks pale in the video but I think its just dirty glass and the lighting.

Any ideas at all?

616A2C65-F1C1-4AEE-8348-EF4A58F26B3E-1.jpg
3F193DBA-672B-4CCE-85C2-3143696FC808-1.jpg
0ACEBDAA-199C-4775-B146-733C161B7C82-1.jpg

Attachments

• 20220817_175052.mp4
    28 MB

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not sure the paleness is from the glass - Looking at the clown in the background, he has perfectly fine colouring in the video whereas the female in question is extremely pale.

I cant help with the actual issue - I dont like to recommend medications etc wihtout an actual diagnoses but hopeful someone comes in with ideas soon. I too have "very old" clowns so know the worry. Fingers crossed someone has a clue about what may be going on, if anything is.

OP
OP
buddy.

buddy.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not sure the paleness is from the glass - Looking at the clown in the background, he has perfectly fine colouring in the video whereas the female in question is extremely pale.

I cant help with the actual issue - I dont like to recommend medications etc wihtout an actual diagnoses but hopeful someone comes in with ideas soon. I too have "very old" clowns so know the worry. Fingers crossed someone has a clue about what may be going on, if anything is.
Thanks, yeah im not sure what it is but she definately has her normal bright colouring.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back