CLowns and Anemones

  • Thread starter Thread starter AJreefs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AJreefs

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2012
Messages
227
Reaction score
3
Location
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 40 breeder and my wife and son want "Nemo" or atleast a close relative! My experience with anemones is pretty limited and my questions is what might be a good anemone for a beginner?


My tank is only six months old and not quite yet stable but I was hoping to do some research on what to look for when I finally do get my nitrate to zero.
 
Thanks Alicia, some nice information in the database, are you using any of the livestock listed in it?

I am looking for something that will maintain a small stature in the tank whike making the new snowflakes feel at home
 
I have two False clowns and 2 Condylactis Gigantea. Do not get the Condy's. They are very big, I only have two because my Mom and Dad got one for their 30 gallon and they were killing it. I don't think their tank was big enough considering how big they are.

This might give you an idea of their size, not a great picture due to glares and lights, but they are pretty big 'nems
 

Attachments

  • old May.jpg
    old May.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 199
What lights do you have?

For a first anemone I would suggest an E. quadricolor (( BTA )) -- ideally a cloned one. Of the hosting anemones, I have found them the easiest to care for (( not to be confused with being easy over all )), and are a bit more forgiving of mistakes.
 
Beautiful tank Alicia!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new