Clowns are rediculous.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So 2 1/2 years later, $400 in anemone and after every old wives tale I could find my clowns finally are being hosted. The funny thing has happened more recently though. For the first 3 years of the clowns lives they slept at the surface behind my HoB filter. Recently they have started sleeping in the anemone also... well... kind of... The female sleeps in the anemone. The male sits on the outskirts and the female chases him out of bed every time he gets too close to center. Funny little creatures.

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So 2 1/2 years later, $400 in anemone and after every old wives tale I could find my clowns finally are being hosted. The funny thing has happened more recently though. For the first 3 years of the clowns lives they slept at the surface behind my HoB filter. Recently they have started sleeping in the anemone also... well... kind of... The female sleeps in the anemone. The male sits on the outskirts and the female chases him out of bed every time he gets too close to center. Funny little creatures.
Congrats! Fingers crossed the clowns in my DT eventually do the same!

OP
OP
Jekyl

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats! Fingers crossed the clowns in my DT eventually do the same!
I really had to work for it. They had their area in the tank and I surrounded it with anemone. Had 4 total on every side of their little overhang. Then it was 2 solid months of taping a color coordinated photo of an anemone hosting a clown and a video on loop for hours a day on the laptop. On top of that any time they were close I tried scaring them into the anemone. Also started feeding the tank by using a pipette and injecting the food into the anemone.

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really had to work for it. They had their area in the tank and I surrounded it with anemone. Had 4 total on every side of their little overhang. Then it was 2 solid months of taping a color coordinated photo of an anemone hosting a clown and a video on loop for hours a day on the laptop. On top of that any time they were close I tried scaring them into the anemone. Also started feeding the tank by using a pipette and injecting the food into the anemone.
You were serious about hosting! I don't think I have that level of commitment in me for this particular endeavor. The two ocellaris in my DT host every night next to one of my return loc-line fixtures. However, I've got two skunk clowns in my refugium (which I turned into a display anemone tank) that host in every anemone I've got in there. My daughter's two designer clowns won't touch the RBTA in her WB 20 Cube. No rhyme or reason.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried making my clown watch videos of clowns being hosted by a torch and she’d just get mad that there was another clown in the area.

OP
OP
Jekyl

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You were serious about hosting! I don't think I have that level of commitment in me for this particular endeavor. The two ocellaris in my DT host every night next to one of my return loc-line fixtures. However, I've got two skunk clowns in my refugium (which I turned into a display anemone tank) that host in every anemone I've got in there. My daughter's two designer clowns won't touch the RBTA in her WB 20 Cube. No rhyme or reason.
They actually started being hosted the day that I had put them up for sale.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The male sits on the outskirts and the female chases him out of bed every time he gets too close to center.
So you are saying they are married?
clown fish GIF

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back