CO 2 media

Junreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been probably asked before, But where can I find a store that sell cheap cost-effective CO2 media. I need to raise my pH and one forum says that CO2 scrubber is a good way to raise and maintain high ph. Any help pls. Thanks!

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get mine from BRS, I just stock up on single use packages when they are in sale. I usually get weeks out of 1 package.

rsumner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A dive shop may be cheaper than buying from BRS, but I haven't priced it myself. Personally, I buy the bulk bag from BRS and break it up into refill sizes myself and seal it with a vacuum sealer. I mainly do this because I don't use the whole single fill bag because I like to have about a one inch piece of PVC in the bottom of the refillable cartridge to keep any condensation build-up from directly touching the media.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PH normally runs in the 7.8-8.1, without paying any attention to it.
Mine runs at 7.9 at night to 8.1 while lighted, and those numbers are only as accurate as the test itself.
My CO2 scrubber only added .1, the media was super expensive, and I seen no change over 6 months other than my lighter wallet.
So mine now sits in the basement, unused, and I got my .1 from just pulling my air from the outside.

What’s your PH now and where do you think it should be?
What do you expect will happen if you increase it?

F09AEAC3-6085-4873-8779-1D032B217F6E.jpeg

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 62 43.7%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 65 45.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back