CO2 scrubber and skimmer

Jguido1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a quick question. I just made my own CO2 scrubber this past week. I hooked it up to my skimmer air line around Friday and wasn’t really seeing any great changes. I figured maybe there was enough oxygen in my apt that my low PH was caused by something else.
So I decided to reavaluate the set up and noticed that my skimmers air line was clogged. I fixed the clog and cleaned the pump w nothing more then some hot tap water.
I hooked everything back up and my skimmer was pulling air like crazy.
My question is the amount of skimmate that was created was as if the skimmer was brand new. I have cleaned the skimmer before and never had this happen.
Is this something normal when running through a CO2 scrubber? Has anyone ever experienced this before? Is it worth changing the filled cup each time or is letting it overflow ok?
My current PH is only a 7.8 and that is the high point that is why I decided to try a CO2 scrubber.
Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

OP
OP
Jguido1987

Jguido1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the video. I tried to make my scrubber so that I put like 2” of water on the bottom before the media to try to get a more humid air setting. The skimmer has been running for the past 12hrs and still no sign that the foam is cutting down at all. Hoping that when I get in from work today I can mess around for a little or hopefully it is corrected by then.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back