Co2 scrubber help

slipknotgrrl83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, after a while of having low ph (7.7 to 7.8) I have decided to add a scrubber. I have a reef octopus 110sss skimmer, my question is since you hook it up to the air input on skimmer how do I adjust the skimmer if needed since it won' t be hooked up to the " adjuster pole" am i misding something? I will be getting it through bulk reef supply. Thanks!

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, after a while of having low ph (7.7 to 7.8) I have decided to add a scrubber. I have a reef octopus 110sss skimmer, my question is since you hook it up to the air input on skimmer how do I adjust the skimmer if needed since it won' t be hooked up to the " adjuster pole" am i misding something? I will be getting it through bulk reef supply. Thanks!
The air inlet on the skimmer connects to a reactor filled with CO2 media (such as soda lime). All the skimmer does is suck the air through that media, rather than directly from the air input on the skimmer. Your air tubing would connect to the air intake on the silencer. You should be able to adjust everything on the skimmer as you always did. I actually am running a scrubber off of my NYOS skimmer and couldn't be happier......much higher, stable PH levels.

OP
OP
slipknotgrrl83

slipknotgrrl83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The air inlet on the skimmer connects to a reactor filled with CO2 media (such as soda lime). All the skimmer does is suck the air through that media, rather than directly from the air input on the skimmer. Your air tubing would connect to the air intake on the silencer. You should be able to adjust everything on the skimmer as you always did. I actually am running a scrubber off of my NYOS skimmer and couldn't be happier......much higher, stable PH levels.

But I have to unhook air hose that'
On skimmer, that is how it' adjusted... I'm so confused.

OP
OP
slipknotgrrl83

slipknotgrrl83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what it looks like, red pole is adjuster, hose goes into it

p-97116-89609K-fish.jpg

Finhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But I have to unhook air hose that'
On skimmer, that is how it' adjusted... I'm so confused.

No the Airline in the RO 110SS is just pushed through the hole in the water flow pipe, they use it as a silencer. Just pull it out and conntect that to whatever your using for holding your media.
If you need I can take a few pics of my setup, I run the RO110SS on my system with a CO2 scrubber.

OP
OP
slipknotgrrl83

slipknotgrrl83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the Airline in the RO 110SS is just pushed through the hole in the water flow pipe, they use it as a silencer. Just pull it out and conntect that to whatever your using for holding your media.
If you need I can take a few pics of my setup, I run the RO110SS on my system with a CO2 scrubber.
Yes please, I am more visual lol

Finhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes please, I am more visual lol

So I use a old DI resin cartrige for my CO2 scrubber, the silicone hose presses into it air tight. The top has the same hose that run to a 1" PVC pipe to outside since my PH drop was pretty bad at all times, now I'm happy it hits a high of 8.02 at the peak.

ICQ2bdbT_o.jpg

VQEjxhie_o.jpg

8G2G0PMA_o.jpg

OP
OP
slipknotgrrl83

slipknotgrrl83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I use a old DI resin cartrige for my CO2 scrubber, the silicone hose presses into it air tight. The top has the same hose that run to a 1" PVC pipe to outside since my PH drop was pretty bad at all times, now I'm happy it hits a high of 8.02 at the peak.

ICQ2bdbT_o.jpg

VQEjxhie_o.jpg

8G2G0PMA_o.jpg

Oh ok I get it now.. Thank you!!

OP
OP
slipknotgrrl83

slipknotgrrl83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ICQ2bdbT_o.jpg

VQEjxhie_o.jpg

8G2G0PMA_o.jpg
So I got it but not sure I set it up right. It' gurgling and not pulling water... do I attach tubing from skimmer to the in or out?

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be able to turn it up by turning the red pole like always. The air hose just goes in there for a silencer as @Finhead said.

Finhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you have those backwards, I would try switching them. But before you do that just see if your skimmer will start as normal with it just sucking free air from the room to eliminate that it might be a issue with your pump not priming or something.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tube from air input of skimmer to output of reactor, input of reactor NOT in water just air.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back