Co2 Scrubber issues and proper use questions

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will never understand the recommendation to recirculate the air by putting the intake in the skimmer cup. All you will do is suck in foam until your co2 scrubber turns into a skimmate locker, eventually filling up and causing the very issue you had. It’s happened to me as well. Best way to use a scrubber is to simply let it draw room air or outside air. Not recirculating. Squirt 20 ml or so of water into the bottom of the scrubber every day to keep it humid and replace the media if ph drops below 8.

Mine works flawlessly. I think that may depend upon your skimmer and how aggressive the skimmate is being produced. Also, the skimmer cap on my EuroReef helps to prevent skimmate from entering the return line.

cmoore806

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this seems to be working. I am considering moving the scrubber higher than the skimmer. I f I do that, I should be able to eliminate the pre-chamber
Does your skimmer lid have holes in it? My Octo 110 INT does, wondering if I could recirculate without plugging the holes in the lid or if I should cover them

OP
OP
m.kristoff

m.kristoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Does your skimmer lid have holes in it? My Octo 110 INT does, wondering if I could recirculate without plugging the holes in the lid or if I should cover them
Mine has holes in the lid and I did not cover them. I have seen video's where they are covered. Not sure what is best

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back