CO2 scrubber recirculating doing too good?

ChrisfromBrick

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2024
Messages
3,569
Reaction score
4,911
Location
Brick, NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
After a full loop recirculation including a fishofhex collection cup, I am finding my ph not going below 8.2 for the past 2 weeks. I even recalibrated the milwaukee ph meter those to make sure it wasn’t off. I think it’s been 3 weeks since i’ve changed the scrubber media.

Is this normal? I was getting my media exhausted after a week prior to recirculating. Not to mention, i recirculated while not even 100% media used up.

Just wondering if others have experienced this as well.
 
Sounds reasonable and definitely not a problem! I got about a 0.2 pH increase with CO2 scrubber alone not recirculating. You may want to try measuring in the morning before lights go on. It may be dropping lower than you think overnight if you have only been measuring in the day or evening. pH has a day/night cycle as photosynthesis and respiration affect CO2 levels. My tank oscillates from about 8-8.2 daily.

IMG_4946.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new