Co2 scrubber stopped working! Please HELP ASAP

Paulwizal23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So bought a BSR universal co2 scrubber and put medvac soda lime in it. Ph shot up from 7.8 to 8.25 and stayed there for about 12 days. Then I added up sterlizer a few days after the co2 scrubber because I’m battling Dino. Which now I have beat. However ph started to drop. Changed media of the same product and now it’s not working?? I tried everything. Cleaned skimmer, tried another bag of media, checked all valves. Everything you can think of I tried. My tank is almost 5 months old. I also just stopped dosing microbacter7 daily for about 9 days. And no longer using UV sterlizer. Tank is near a window. It has been hot the last few days but even night the ph is low and when lights come on throughout the day. It’s a 25 lagoon tank from IM. Have noticed a bit of coral bleaching from base of one of my SPS. Just added a new torch coral with a 1lb dead rock. I also have chemi pure blue and phosguard from seacham. I dose Kalkwasser which I also just stop dosing so much. Only because I just started introducing Kalk+2 into my tank about a month ago. Still dosing about 80ml throughout the day. The skimmer is sucking air in from the air intake. Also put the normal 1 to 2 tsps of water in co2 scrubber on bottom. I did notice when I change the co2 media for the first time, the bottom foam pad was stuck to cover to unscrew the filter tube and had a bit off blue color from water touching some media. So I switched the top foam pad with the bottom.
Idk but now two dash’s going on three with it just at 7.82 to 7.95 the highest which is afternoon. Helppppp please

K3v1n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So bought a BSR universal co2 scrubber and put medvac soda lime in it. Ph shot up from 7.8 to 8.25 and stayed there for about 12 days. Then I added up sterlizer a few days after the co2 scrubber because I’m battling Dino. Which now I have beat. However ph started to drop. Changed media of the same product and now it’s not working?? I tried everything. Cleaned skimmer, tried another bag of media, checked all valves. Everything you can think of I tried. My tank is almost 5 months old. I also just stopped dosing microbacter7 daily for about 9 days. And no longer using UV sterlizer. Tank is near a window. It has been hot the last few days but even night the ph is low and when lights come on throughout the day. It’s a 25 lagoon tank from IM. Have noticed a bit of coral bleaching from base of one of my SPS. Just added a new torch coral with a 1lb dead rock. I also have chemi pure blue and phosguard from seacham. I dose Kalkwasser which I also just stop dosing so much. Only because I just started introducing Kalk+2 into my tank about a month ago. Still dosing about 80ml throughout the day. The skimmer is sucking air in from the air intake. Also put the normal 1 to 2 tsps of water in co2 scrubber on bottom. I did notice when I change the co2 media for the first time, the bottom foam pad was stuck to cover to unscrew the filter tube and had a bit off blue color from water touching some media. So I switched the top foam pad with the bottom.
Idk but now two dash’s going on three with it just at 7.82 to 7.95 the highest which is afternoon. Helppppp please
I think you will be fine. My PH is 7.89 and peaks to 8.0 with a CO2 scrubber. All my SPS grow out fine and healthy. Just keep all the parameters stable as the tank matures.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back