CO2 Scrubber - Water in recalculation tubes

  • Thread starter Thread starter crabgrass
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

crabgrass

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2022
Messages
580
Reaction score
385
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi -

I have a the standard BRS CO2 Scrubber. It works adequate for what i want (raises Ph). Recently, I've tried (unsuccessfully) to recirculate it.

1. Hose connecting from Skimmer Output to CO2 Scrubber Inputing
2. Hose connecting from CO2 Scrubber Output to Simmer Air Silencer

Issue: Water / vapor is collecting in the #1 tube (Skimmer -> CO2).
a. It then make a lot of noises as the skimmers trying to pull it through a curved hose
b. The amount of liquid is likely too much and exhuasting the media too fast

Are there suggestions on how to manage this better? Is there something i can set to stop pulling in the volume of liquid potentially? Or a trap?

Attaching image of how I connect the output to the skimmer head

skimmer output.jpg
 
awesome.. i was thinking about doing the same thing. Just zip tie it to sump somewhere?
My scrubber actually sits on top of my skimmer. So my recirc line from my skimmer cup to my scrubber inlet has a loop over my sump by default. I didn’t have to secure mine anywhere
 
I have the same issue,
a small relief is loose poly fiber somewhere in the airstream (Even inside the hose)
… it will collect and concentrate condensate wherever you “strategically” place it
 
I use a small collection bottle between my return line from the top of the skimmer to my scrubber. It works well in collecting moisture, also as a small safety net in the event that your skimmer fills up. You don't want water getting pulled through the CO2 media back into your tank...this would be very bad!
Picture1.png
 
I use a small collection bottle between my return line from the top of the skimmer to my scrubber. It works well in collecting moisture, also as a small safety net in the event that your skimmer fills up. You don't want water getting pulled through the CO2 media back into your tank...this would be very bad!
Picture1.png
This is a great idea. I think this gives me the flexibility to keep it sealed and also insurance against getting too much water into it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new