co2 scrubber

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i recently added a scrubber to my skimmer and it doesnt seem like its doing much at all in terms of keeping the ph up. I was under the impression that it would bring it and keep it above 8.20. Do i have that much excess co2 in my home that it cant compete? A friend works at the hospital and gets the draegar pellets for the reactor too. i guess im kind of mystified.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How do you have it set up? Also, if you just started it, it may take a day before you start to see a rise in pH. Also, pulling air from the outside to feed the reactor or the skimmer cup can prolong the life of the media and improve performance.

OP
OP
gotmesalty77

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have it pulling air from the right behind the tank, unfortunately i cant run the line to any window or door because of animals and sheer distance i do my best to get fresh air over there but it doesnt seem like its helping. i am thinking too that my old hanna ph reader might be shot even though i just re calibrated it yesterday.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
i have it pulling air from the right behind the tank, unfortunately i cant run the line to any window or door because of animals and sheer distance i do my best to get fresh air over there but it doesnt seem like its helping. i am thinking too that my old hanna ph reader might be shot even though i just re calibrated it yesterday.
I have mine setup up also from sump area to side of tank. Mine took over a week before i saw change. I cant say it’s significant, but ive seen a small rise in PH. I have now installed a CA reactor so i had to balance both to maintain desired PH but im on target

OP
OP
gotmesalty77

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skimmer that i have it hooked up to is a Bubble magus D8 but i have it powered way down due to it being pretty much over kill on my 80g display. maybe i should just turn up the power a bit more and pull more air through the scrubber to see if that helps a little. i am just going to have to watch the skimmer cup a heck of a lot more. On side note my new laptop came in and ill be on here annoying everyone with dumb questions!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 121 81.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back