Coast2Coast vs Miracles

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting a custom tank ~300 gallons and I have narrowed it down to these two (AGE didnt respond and reefsavvy was looking at crazy lead times) but having a hard time deciding between them. Very comparable price, warranty on C2C is better but the miracles stands are just gorgeous and i've heard great things about their customer service. Anyone able to give me some experience with the two? Neither is local for me.

paintman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be very careful buying a C2C I have a 200 gallon they built for me about 8 years ago. I paid big bucks for staphire front glass. had tank up and running for about 4 years and then drained tank because of a bad case of dinos. when tank was empty I could see hazing stripes all the way across the front glass. It is weird when my tank is empty I have 2" wide hazed stripe then a about 4" of glass that looks normal , then 2" hazed stripe again, all the way across the front of my 8ft. tank. Fortunately when the tank has water in it the haze is gone.

I will say their tanks are built like a bulldozers! Almost over built in my opinion. One other note.....If your planning on running bare bottom, let them know or else they will put one of their label/logos on the bottom of the tank and you will see from the inside. You won't be able to get the label off either as they put a thin piece of luan plywood on the bottom of the tank. I'm not sure why they do this, except perhaps it makes the tank easier to slide around on the work bench?

Main reason I went with C2C is because they are only about an hour from where I live so I went and got the tank myself. Are they still in Lakewood NJ?

If you want some more pics of my tank let me know.....
9seiJmN.jpg

KKLSrwo.jpg

pdSULzd.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back