Cobalt Aquatics C-Ray 200

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re JBJ 65 gallon tanks - 36” wide. I was going to take readings this week, but my light stopped connecting to the router so I can’t change programs. Tried every combination of button presses and cycled power to no avail. Called and contacted support via the web site, but they said they will have to look into it and get back at a later date. Once this issue is resolved I’ll post results in my build thread.

BGrand

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re JBJ 65 gallon tanks - 36” wide. I was going to take readings this week, but my light stopped connecting to the router so I can’t change programs. Tried every combination of button presses and cycled power to no avail. Called and contacted support via the web site, but they said they will have to look into it and get back at a later date. Once this issue is resolved I’ll post results in my build thread.

Sorry your having a connection issue. Look forward to the results.

Mppp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was this resolved for you? I have a C-Ray on the way so hesitation in support of a discontinued product is my main concern.

Mppp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was this resolved for you? I have a C-Ray on the way so hesitation in support of a discontinued product is my main concern.

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@Mppp yes, the issue was resolved - if you have multiple lights you must connect to each one directly (not through the router) to program. I really like the lights, although the App is a bit weak, and there's not much data available for what settings produce great coral coloration and growth - I used a PAR meter to set up my parameters and have seen reasonable results (it would be much better to have a community of reefers sharing their settings, or BRS comparing it to the other popular LED options on the market.) The C-Ray is a compelling light at $400 or less...

Mppp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mppp yes, the issue was resolved - if you have multiple lights you must connect to each one directly (not through the router) to program. I really like the lights, although the App is a bit weak, and there's not much data available for what settings produce great coral coloration and growth - I used a PAR meter to set up my parameters and have seen reasonable results (it would be much better to have a community of reefers sharing their settings, or BRS comparing it to the other popular LED options on the market.) The C-Ray is a compelling light at $400 or less...

So I just received my light and is the top of it supposed to be a rose gold color? I was expecting all white.

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Cobalt App is not letting me create new DIY Programs or modify existing DIY Programs. In addition, the App has lost all of the labels for my existing DIY Programs, leaving me to guess what is what. I've contacted Cobalt Aquatics via the Zen Desk on their web page with hopes of getting a solution. I'm using an iPhone with iOS 13.2.3

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1576281543357.png

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for update and I'm glad they're still supporting a discontinued product.
A functioning App is critical with LED lighting - hope Cobalt plans to keep up the support. Once I'm able to use the App again, I'll probably created some extra DIY Programs to cover future contingencies just in case future support falters. These are really nice lights that are made to last; I suspect the App will be the weak link long term...

Mppp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A functioning App is critical with LED lighting - hope Cobalt plans to keep up the support. Once I'm able to use the App again, I'll probably created some extra DIY Programs to cover future contingencies just in case future support falters. These are really nice lights that are made to last; I suspect the App will be the weak link long term...

Unfortunately I agree on the continued app maintenance going forward and part of the reason I still bought light was the default controls on the light itself. That being said if anyone from Cobalt is reading this PLEASE keep up app maintenance for your customers who bought your product which is the right thing to do!

brandon_d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't find the android app for the C-Ray 200 and Cobalt Aquatics doesn't answer the phone, does anyone know where to get an app that works with them?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back