Cobalt Aquatics C-Ray 200

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@neoGeorge set up two tanks with the c ray. One salt one fresh

I purchased two - have some pictures and info in my build thread and will updated details as the tanks cycle. My initial impressions are very good, and it appears that these lights were designed for an $800 price point. At $400 they appear to be an exceptional value. Once I get the tank cycled and start placing corals I'll post results. Don't have a PAR meter, though, so all results will be anecdotal. BRS does have the Seneye on sale, which is tempting, but I've blown way past budget so far on the builds ;-)

OP
OP
Reefbuds

Reefbuds

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I didn't get one yet.. I was going to get one at the 400 price point as it seemed like an incredible deal. Not sure of I'm willing to pay 800 tho.. ugh
It does look like a great light tho

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I didn't get one yet.. I was going to get one at the 400 price point as it seemed like an incredible deal. Not sure of I'm willing to pay 800 tho.. ugh
It does look like a great light tho

Looks like they're out of stock (discontinued) at BRS

upload_2019-2-17_20-54-25.png

bckey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the c-ray 200 on my nuvo 40. I really like it. Very nice light and has the exact same shimmer as a kessil. No disco whatsoever. The software is just as nice too. Very polished product. It is worth the $799 price tag and to me is the better buy between it and the kessil 700. More bang for your buck.

Last edited:

BGrand

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love mine. I got mine for $400 from BRS and used some BRS rewards points. Total out of pocket was $78.

It's easy to control and create your own settings. Comes with presets for different coral types. Now I'm looking for others that have them to see what type of settings they programmed in to theirs. Eventually plan on borrowing a PAR meter to test for the ideal settings.

bckey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was $400 also from BRS. Heck of a deal. I still use the sps preset.

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve done a custom program for my planted aquarium and will define a program for the reef once corals are moved in -using a Seneye to set spectrum and PAR

BGrand

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve done a custom program for my planted aquarium and will define a program for the reef once corals are moved in -using a Seneye to set spectrum and PAR
What are the dimensions of the tank? Once you fire up the PAR meter and get some readings let me know what your finding are. Really interested in the results.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back