Cobalt Cvue 45 Questions

FinsFan13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning on moving from a 55 Gallon long tank to a more modern Cobalt Cvue AIO 45 (my interests are starting to shift from fish to corals, and want to upgrade lighting without having to buy several new light fixtures ). My questions are about the space in the back compartment of the CVue 45. I plan on adding a Tunze 9004 protein skimmer, Aqua Duetto ATO system, and new lighting (either Ecotech Marine xr15 or Aqua Illumination Hydra 32). My concern is that the Tunze protein skimmer looks like it will only fit in the center compartment of the Cvue 45, and the new lighting bracket may only "clip" around the center of the aquarium. Im thinking that there may not be much room in the center compartment of the Cvue 45 for both the protein skimmer and the new light bracket. Does anyone have any experience with setting up this aquarium? I see that the Tunze 9004 is pretty popular with the Cvue45, but I want to make sure all my equipment and lighting will work before I make all the purchases. Ive attached the dimensions of the tank. Thanks for the help.

Cobalt Cvue 45.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump for any input

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s the company cobalt aquatics then I can vouche for their quality. They bring in Aquael from Poland. 2 of their canisters running on my 90 gallon planted tanks and I use their pump for the chiller in my Axolotl enclosure.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back