OP
OP
Collinslice

Collinslice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well you're doing good then. How do you like your ghost skimmer? I'm thinking of getting one for my frogfish tank. They're so expensive though, as much as a Tunze.
I'd go with the tunze for that application. The ghost is a great little skimmer but only at a very particular water level. The tunze has that magnet which would suit a non Im brand tank better

Baby Ray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you doing with the mandarin feeder. I have been think about do that same thing also. Is it a pain hatching the brine shrimp eegs are is it relatively easy?

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd go with the tunze for that application. The ghost is a great little skimmer but only at a very particular water level. The tunze has that magnet which would suit a non Im brand tank better
It is for an IM tank. I was told the 9001 won't fit IM 10 and I know the Tunze 9002 won't fit because I have one and tried it. That doesn't leave much choice but you say the ghost is great? I'm not sure I like the collection cup drain although a lot of people would like it. If you have the cup draining into a container you become lazy and don' pay as much attention to the skimmer performance as you would if you had to dump it every 2 or 3 days. I imagine I could plug the drain. I like to know how much skimmate is produced on a regular basis, it's like a parameter for me. LOL

OP
OP
Collinslice

Collinslice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is for an IM tank. I was told the 9001 won't fit IM 10 and I know the Tunze 9002 won't fit because I have one and tried it. That doesn't leave much choice but you say the ghost is great? I'm not sure I like the collection cup drain although a lot of people would like it. If you have the cup draining into a container you become lazy and don' pay as much attention to the skimmer performance as you would if you had to dump it every 2 or 3 days. I imagine I could plug the drain. I like to know how much skimmate is produced on a regular basis, it's like a parameter for me. LOL
For an Im tank you cannot go wrong, and it's not so much a drain as it is overflow safety. I have it pointing down into the third chamber so if I get lazy it just dumps it into the tank again

OP
OP
Collinslice

Collinslice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and new fts. Moved some things, lost some things, and traded some things. You know how it goes haha
7e7a307e140e23ffa52dc36f8e603950.jpg

OP
OP
Collinslice

Collinslice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you doing with the mandarin feeder. I have been think about do that same thing also. Is it a pain hatching the brine shrimp eegs are is it relatively easy?
The eggs are super simple. I actually lost my mandarin (too late on the brine) so I'm not using the feeder everyday, but am still feeding brine shrimp. In just using the sf bay brand hatchery

Baby Ray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clam shoots water out of the tank onto the floor?!?!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back