Collinslice's 25 lagoon

Water is in!
bf6a04af99c746ff5d19542c14892191.jpg
ae90c5607763f692f36fa9f0226ea09c.jpg

Nice!! What skimmer are you running? The IM ghost?
 
Awesome yea I would like to get your feedback on it since that's the skimmer I'm looking to go with the lagoon 50
Fired up for the first time just a couple seconds ago. Its currently a tad to loud for me, but so was the return pump. The return was silent after coming home from dinner so I expect pretty much the same here. Setting it was nice and easy. Open the valve 100% (I took it off and just barely threaded it back on) and then adjust the rubber band. Here's my bubble level after 1 minute of runtime
7b32609c362ce8e7ba37e53b35c74652.jpg
 
Fired up for the first time just a couple seconds ago. Its currently a tad to loud for me, but so was the return pump. The return was silent after coming home from dinner so I expect pretty much the same here. Setting it was nice and easy. Open the valve 100% (I took it off and just barely threaded it back on) and then adjust the rubber band. Here's my bubble level after 1 minute of runtime
7b32609c362ce8e7ba37e53b35c74652.jpg

Wow, awesome bro. I keep reading mixed reviews about this skimmer saying it sucks others says it's awesome or what not. But you personally telling me it's pretty good and the pics of how much is foaming that fast then yes should be good.
 
Wow, awesome bro. I keep reading mixed reviews about this skimmer saying it sucks others says it's awesome or what not. But you personally telling me it's pretty good and the pics of how much is foaming that fast then yes should be good.
I've found that mixed reviews on a skimmer usually lead towards a good skimmer vs people that don't know to tune it properly. I mean I've run a wooden airstone into a gravel vacuum and had success before haha


Added some more live rock. Ie fish hiding places haha
dd435f83d3599020912ba8beed449d17.jpg
 
Cool tank!
 
Can't wait to see more! Won't be disappointed with the Hydor pump. That might be a little to much flow I am thinking for a lagoon tank
 
Can't wait to see more! Won't be disappointed with the Hydor pump. That might be a little to much flow I am thinking for a lagoon tank
I agree that it might be a bit too much. I feel I owe it to the community to at least try out the prize I won off the forum before I look for alternatives
 
What corals did you have in mind?
I'm not set on anything specific yet. Probably mostly mushrooms and a few montipora and milleopora. Those are the only two sps species I really enjoy.
And of course acans, euphyllia, cyphastrea, etc
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new