Collinslice's Bubble Tip Biocube

Collinslice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
I'm fairly new to posting here at r2r, so I figured I would start with telling you a little (and showing, but pics tomorrow after work) about my oceanic biocube 29.

Let's start with the stats:
Aquamedic115 skimmer w/ CO2 diffuser attached
InTank Media basket w/ purigen and phosguard
Intank Fuge basket w/ cheato
Maxijet 1200 return pump w/ Hydor Flo
Reefkeeper lite controller
MP10wes
120v Chinese LED fixture

My fish:
Bonded pair of yasha gobies
Bonded pair of Phantom Clownfish
Sand Sifting starfish
Sexy shrimp (soon to be an army)

So this bad boy originally started out as an attempt at an SPS only tank. After a month, I wasn't getting the growth I wanted using the LEDs (I'm a Metal Halide guy) This drove me to pull out all the sps and give them away to local friends (setosa, spongodes, stylo, limeade acro, and I kept my purple haze monti haha). I had, from the beginning, a pink tip gold BTA. I fell in love with this guy. I hadn't ever seen a BTA with the same colors, and he was a great price. Now my idea is to cover the rockwork in as many different BTA colors I can get my hands on. The front right will be bare sandbed, and will house chalices on ceramic discs. I'll post pictures for you guys tomorrow once I get home from work, but I wanted to get the boring writing part out there haha.

Always looking for cool colored BTAs, so if anyone knows a good site to find cool colors, don't hesitate to let me know here haha.

OP
OP
Collinslice

Collinslice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic from when I first set up the tank, after the initial cycle.

FTS8-30-13_zpse909c864.jpg

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.1%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 50 25.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back