0   0   0

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef 2 Reef
Not sure about the Colorado's, But have you seen the ones on Coral Collection.

http://coralcollection.bigcartel.com/category/anemones

I've tried to order from coralcollection within the last 6 months, but they don't seem to always have what they list in stock. Be careful and ask first. I think MAK Corals has taken over the CoralCollection stock, but it's not clear exactly what's in stock at any given time.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried to order from coralcollection within the last 6 months, but they don't seem to always have what they list in stock. Be careful and ask first. I think MAK Corals has taken over the CoralCollection stock, but it's not clear exactly what's in stock at any given time.
Thanks!!!

I ordered from Matt a couple of years ago.
He did a good job, but I to got him on the phone so he could text shoots of the BTA species that that I was looking for.

I would never get on their waiting list and some of those have been sold out for over two years.

Do you think Matt sold out to MAK Corals?

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checkout the Facebook Sunburst group. Only place I'd trust to buy one on as there are so many fakes out there trying to cash in on that demand of the CSB.

Yeah that group is good, the sellers are accountable, but the prices are a little bit ridiculous in my opinion. But hey, people are paying so it's probably just out of my range.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that group is good, the sellers are accountable, but the prices are a little bit ridiculous in my opinion. But hey, people are paying so it's probably just out of my range.
Prices are indeed outrageous but you're right, people are paying. The sellers being accountable are the biggest thing. Verified, lineaged, Colorado Sunbursts. I can remember at least two on here in the last 6 months that tried to sell a CSB and got called out because it really wasn't one. Whether it was on purpose or not, people could have paid a whole lot for a fake and that's not cool for anyone involved.

yaridong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sunburst anemone marketplace is the Facebook group name. Its a closed group so you will need to request approval by the admins into the group. Even in this group they don't come up that often for sale. It is true a lot of vendors out there will sell a "csb" but it's really just another anemone they are just trying to sell for more. Also a lot of people bicker and argue over what is "real". If you find one on the internet you can always post a pic of the nem in the Facebook group to get people's opinions on the legitimacy.

The price of the these nems have gone up significantly over the past few years but I will also say that the supply for bright "exotic" nems have been pretty scarce since I started in the hobby over 10 years ago. If you find a REALLY bright yellow/orange nem (without filtered pics), and you like it, grab it. It won't be long before someone else does regardless of it's lineage.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sunburst anemone marketplace is the Facebook group name. Its a closed group so you will need to request approval by the admins into the group. Even in this group they don't come up that often for sale. It is true a lot of vendors out there will sell a "csb" but it's really just another anemone they are just trying to sell for more. Also a lot of people bicker and argue over what is "real". If you find one on the internet you can always post a pic of the nem in the Facebook group to get people's opinions on the legitimacy.

The price of the these nems have gone up significantly over the past few years but I will also say that the supply for bright "exotic" nems have been pretty scarce since I started in the hobby over 10 years ago. If you find a REALLY bright yellow/orange nem (without filtered pics), and you like it, grab it. It won't be long before someone else does regardless of it's lineage.
Well said. The Facebook group is a good one for vetting a real CSB. There are many Sunbursts out there but only one Colorado Sunburst and its pretty distinctive for the most part.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 50 25.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 46 23.2%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back