Colorado Sunburst

OP
OP
MSB123

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no hate, no worries. they def can and do morph. were not saying this to be jerks, were trying to make sure you know if something looks off.
Yeah- No problem :)

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm sure Surge and others mean no disrespect when calling out different types of sunbursts. We just want to make sure you didn't get hosed on the price and paid actual Colorado Sunburst prices. With that said, your anemones look very nice.

OP
OP
MSB123

MSB123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure Surge and others mean no disrespect when calling out different types of sunbursts. We just want to make sure you didn't get hosed on the price and paid actual Colorado Sunbursts prices. With that said, your anemones look very nice.
Thx. I def did not pay exorbitant prices, but still paid a pretty penny for them. Even if they are Arizona or Colorado sunburst, I still got my moneys worth

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Corals and anemones can change colors and to say something isn't something because it is a little different is wrong as long as lineage is right.
I have a anemone that is not named anemone that I have had for years and it is almost totally different color. It used to be almost all orange and now is mostly green with a hint of orange..

Are there vendors and people selling rip offs out there yea all the time.

My question is why is every picture of this coral always under so much blue? I would love to see a picture of it under normal lighting once.

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There are certain features that are readily apparent when you see a true CSB. The pattern of lines on the tentacles, the color of the tips, the brightness of the color, etc. All of these features are unmistakeable after you've seen a few true CSB's in your lifetime.

Shred, you are absolutely right about color shift. All anemones are prone to shifting colors. CSB's shift colors all the time, however, the patterns on their tentacles and orangeish tips always remain.

TangingOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals and anemones can change colors and to say something isn't something because it is a little different is wrong as long as lineage is right.
I have a anemone that is not named anemone that I have had for years and it is almost totally different color. It used to be almost all orange and now is mostly green with a hint of orange..

Are there vendors and people selling rip offs out there yea all the time.

My question is why is every picture of this coral always under so much blue? I would love to see a picture of it under normal lighting once.

Full spectrum
20180807_003624.jpg

CFC_Surge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of us spend a lot of time to specialize in nems and we develop an eye for this sort of thing.
Daily interaction with many BTA collectors helps.
Yes, there are many people out there trying to make a quick buck off the name.
The name Arizona Sunburst doesn’t ring a bell.
I know one shop that called Arizona Sunsets that they acquired Arizona Sunbursts once, but I thought it was a typo. And yes, I replied with “Sunsets” too.
I’m intrigued. Please post or pm me some pics.

BTW. Thanks for having an open mind.

OP
OP
MSB123

MSB123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will def post pics of the rest when I get them on Wednesday. I would love to find out what they are worth and what they are.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of us spend a lot of time to specialize in nems and we develop an eye for this sort of thing.
Daily interaction with many BTA collectors helps.
Yes, there are many people out there trying to make a quick buck off the name.
The name Arizona Sunburst doesn’t ring a bell.
I know one shop that called Arizona Sunsets that they acquired Arizona Sunbursts once, but I thought it was a typo. And yes, I replied with “Sunsets” too.
I’m intrigued. Please post or pm me some pics.

BTW. Thanks for having an open mind.

Not sure if you meant me or not as I mentioned the Arizona Sunburst!

not to mention, when you're inundated with coral talk, talking about CSB, Arizona this and that, black widow, lemon drop morphs of questionable lineage, etc etc... Not hard to slip up and not notice it. Not unreasonable by any means for my buddy to have said "sunburst" by mistake as we were talking about the CSB too.

If you're interested just PM me and I can tell you where to keep a look out.

Jordan Prather

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People can fake social security cards, so they can also fake lineage.
Sadly many coral shops can’t even tell the difference between nice nems and CSB’s.
I’ve studied many from many different people and am familiar with how they can morph. In my opinion they don’t look the part.
Hell, even a well known shop is selling Chicago Sunburst as Colorado’s currently.
I also fell for the song and dance about lineage on some nems. Don’t be so trusting with what people tell you and get opinions from those who know better.
This should not be interpreted as hate.
I'm in a group and they are tracking all lineage of the Chicago sunburst so if someone tries to sell you a Chicago that's not on the list its probably not a real chicago cant remember what the difference is between it and a Colorado tho
FB_IMG_1537255588564.jpg

jorahx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in a group and they are tracking all lineage of the Chicago sunburst so if someone tries to sell you a Chicago that's not on the list its probably not a real chicago cant remember what the difference is between it and a Colorado tho
FB_IMG_1537255588564.jpg

Difference between Chicago. And ultra Chicago.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back