Colorful SPS for non-blue lighting?

CaptainCooke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers,

Im searching for some suggestions.
I have a very prominent location in my tank that I have been saving for a special sps. I’m looking for something that checks all the color boxes and is hardy.
But... I want it to look bright all the time not just under the super blues at dawn and dusk.
I’m currently running the AB+ schedule on a Radion G4 pro. The spot receives about 380par and has lots of flow. Price range is somewhere under $150 for a frag. I cannot afford any of those crazy $500+ frags.
Does anyone know of anything that will be super bright and colorful “rainbow” all day long?
Side note, I do have a WD and it is okay (great under blues) looking for something with that all day long pop.

Thanks!

ThePurple12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green slimer? It’s not exactly colorful, but it is bright and hardy and looks great in whiter light. Hopefully someone knows a more colorful one.

Victor_C3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it kind of depends what colors you’re looking for, but I really appreciate how coral euphoria shows pictures of the SPS pieces for sale under various types of lighting. When my tank matures to the point that I’m ready to place corals, I’ll buy a majority of them from this guy.

OP
OP
CaptainCooke

CaptainCooke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it kind of depends what colors you’re looking for, but I really appreciate how coral euphoria shows pictures of the SPS pieces for sale under various types of lighting. When my tank matures to the point that I’m ready to place corals, I’ll buy a majority of them from this guy.

That is a great website. Thanks for the recommendation. It is very interesting to see how the colors change!

Beardo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't run heavy blue lighting and find the WT Tierra Del Fuego really shines in all lighting.

20200501_154524.jpg

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jason Fox Fox Flame, Sexy Corals Orange Passion, ORA Pearlberry, a nice Strawberry Shortcake all look great in colony form and under any lighting. These will table and stuff. If you are looking for a staghorn/brancher to grow upwards towards the top, then look at BC Battlestag/Greg Carroll's Ultimate Stag (Tyree) or Tyree Lime in the Sky.

If you really want to challenge yourself and have the room for a tabling coral, then look at Tyree Superman Table, $500 Efflo or Greg Carroll Efflo. A soli would be nice too. These have the extra benefit of a really nice growth form which are amazing.

None of these are rainbow, but they are nice. Two colors is pretty good out of an acropora. If you want three or more, then you have to spend some money, get some trick light or invest in some smooth skinned stuff which can have three colors, but are more difficult corals.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found that blue, pink and red acros tend to look good (sometimes even better) under whites, so I'd go with something like that.
You could also buy a battlebox from battlecorals.com, $200 dollars. Here's a link to learn about them:

I haven't yet bought a battlebox, but I plan to as soon as I can afford to. I believe Adam is actually doing a 11% off secret sale right now,he's got a thread on it right now.

Good luck, and God bless you
!

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any specific requests in color, structure or species either. I am more than happy to tailor the pack to your interests the very best I can."

Quote from the Battlecorals site, on battleboxes.

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red planet, blueberry, pink lemonade, SSC, Fox flame, Barney acro, sarmentosa, www tricolor, pink palletta, millepora, SWOTR, wwc Aqua delight, pikachu...

OP
OP
CaptainCooke

CaptainCooke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jason Fox Fox Flame, Sexy Corals Orange Passion, ORA Pearlberry, a nice Strawberry Shortcake all look great in colony form and under any lighting. These will table and stuff. If you are looking for a staghorn/brancher to grow upwards towards the top, then look at BC Battlestag/Greg Carroll's Ultimate Stag (Tyree) or Tyree Lime in the Sky.

If you really want to challenge yourself and have the room for a tabling coral, then look at Tyree Superman Table, $500 Efflo or Greg Carroll Efflo. A soli would be nice too. These have the extra benefit of a really nice growth form which are amazing.

None of these are rainbow, but they are nice. Two colors is pretty good out of an acropora. If you want three or more, then you have to spend some money, get some trick light or invest in some smooth skinned stuff which can have three colors, but are more difficult corals.

These are all great suggestions and exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

OP
OP
CaptainCooke

CaptainCooke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red planet, blueberry, pink lemonade, SSC, Fox flame, Barney acro, sarmentosa, www tricolor, pink palletta, millepora, SWOTR, wwc Aqua delight, pikachu...

Thank you for the suggestions! Im looking these up now.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 134 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back