Coloring up BC Mr. Neutron?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SamMule
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2020
Messages
1,674
Reaction score
1,706
What state or country do you live in
Montana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this thing need to be blasted with light to get that bright yellow? Or, is it just finicky and takes awhile to settle in? My little frag is encrusting, but has lost some color. Sitting at around 300 PAR.
 
I wouldn't say it needs to be blasted, but higher than 300 will prob be well received. I have it in about 350 PAR and there's plenty of yellow. But even on the frag Ra k it was ok.

What's your nutrient residual and throughput like?
 
Nothing crazy. Phosphates have come up to around .2 since I added a bunch of frag rocks. Nitrates are usually around 15. I do feed pretty heavily, but I also do ~25% water changes every week. Alk usually 7.8-8.2.

Tank is really doing well. Most of my acros are colored up well. Just a couple that are being stubborn.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new