Coloring Up Wild Acros

TaylorJames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this wild piece from the lfs. The bright green inside of the corallites got my attention. It is mostly white but has some hints of blue and pink. Interested to see how it colors up.

Lets see your wild pieces that turned into colorful gems!
IMG_3612.JPG

OWB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this wild piece from the lfs. The bright green inside of the corallites got my attention. It is mostly white but has some hints of blue and pink. Interested to see how it colors up.

Lets see your wild pieces that turned into colorful gems!
IMG_3612.JPG
I belive that's an ora piece. I just picked one up from my LFS and it looks really cool. Predominantly white with hints of light green for mine. I thought it was really cool. Picture is under blues.

20190516_153131.jpg

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taylor James, if that piece keeps a pink base and blue tips that would be awesome. Probably my favorite tenuis variant, just guessing that’s what it is, and I would love to see others wild acro pics.

OP
OP
TaylorJames

TaylorJames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taylor James, if that piece keeps a pink base and blue tips that would be awesome. Probably my favorite tenuis variant, just guessing that’s what it is, and I would love to see others wild acro pics.

Yea Im hoping the pink/blue get more saturated and brighter, time will tell.

OP
OP
TaylorJames

TaylorJames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this piece from my LFS. This is about 6 months later.
BE0A9ED5-F2DE-41A6-87F2-7E26DBC4B001.jpeg
76C5E9C2-8DBF-4960-8F45-4E6EE46AA1A0.jpeg

Thats an awesome grab! Be careful of that monti haha!

I have many expensive pieces in my tank and I find myself watching the no name pieces the most. I say to my wife “you see the orange coming out on this one?”, she swears I make colors up all the time.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I belive that's an ora piece. I just picked one up from my LFS and it looks really cool. Predominantly white with hints of light green for mine. I thought it was really cool. Picture is under blues.

20190516_153131.jpg

Just curious, but how can you determine that may be an ORA piece given its current state?

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can find pictures of named pieces in their glory all over the Internet, and many times your watching/waiting for that piece to hit it's expected potential. No names or wild pieces are always more fun to watch because they have that "unknown potential" so you never really know what's coming.

OP
OP
TaylorJames

TaylorJames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20190516_153131.jpg
Just curious, but how can you determine that may be an ORA piece given its current state?

I contacted the LFS to see where he got the colony.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contacted the LFS to see where he got the colony.

I wouldn’t worry too much where it came from, but it’s always nice to know. I was questioning the other poster who said it’s possibly ORA, but how can any one tell THAT given the state that your piece is in?

OP
OP
TaylorJames

TaylorJames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t worry too much where it came from, but it’s always nice to know. I was questioning the other poster who said it’s possibly ORA, but how can any one tell THAT given the state that your piece is in?

Yea I would agree, hard to say at this point.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back