Coming back to hobby and new to R2R!

scuba_sam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone from Melbourne, Australia!

After 12-13 years away from the hobby and a couple months into researching and planning.. I’ve bought my first two tanks and am diving back into the hobby!

So far I’ve purchased:

A second hand waterbox cube 10 aio to use as a quarantine tank

Awaiting Waterbox Peninsula 25g currently on back order until early June (will probably upgrade the return pump to a Sicce 1.0)

A Sicce 0.5 return pump for the cube 10

Eheim 50w heater (cube 10)
WB Cube 10 mesh lid

Lots more equipment to build up…

Equipment plans:

Radion XR15 pro
AI Nero 3
Tunze 3155 ATO
CaribSea Ocean Direct Special Grade

Will look into possible
K1 nano skimmer and refugium setup once the tank is more established and has inhabitants

I am due to move house in September so I’m not in a rush to set up anything yet. Just happily and slowly building up my equipment collection as I go

I’m from the US originally and about 13 years ago.. I was on nano reef forums setting up a 10 gallon budget build with a tank I bought from Walmart and it actually thrived for a little over a year until I graduated college and life got in the way. I had a yellow watchman goby that eventually paired with a pistol shrimp and grew HUGE, a solo black clownfish and a few easy soft corals with a small pico 3gallon quarantine setup next to it. I couldn’t find any pictures of it before I had to tear it down and sell all my livestock but I found a couple earlier photos I’ve attached here.

I’ll be doing a build update in a few months after I move! Hope to see some people there! Until then… happy reefing!

IMG_6919.jpeg IMG_6917.jpeg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 79 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 81 46.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.1%
Back