Coming out of the Shadows

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone! Just wanted to say Hi! Been on here a few months getting information and enjoying everyone's builds. Now it's time to start my own build soon. It's in progress but waiting till I get a little down the road before I share. Want to make sure I give lots of updates of the process, good & bad. Does anyone know if Two members can be on a build thread? My fiancé and I are both in the hobby and I want to make sure he gets some credit to lol ;)

Welcome! Glad you joined. Defer to others for actual answer on your question. However since me and my boyfriend share my tank, I feel qualified to say you should both plan to do your own build thread even if for same tank because different perspectives from two different people would likely amaze you both. It's been very interesting to me how differently we each view same tank, tank milestones and tank goals. If he had a build thread, Michael's would be so very different than mine (link below). If all you want a build thread for is to earn badge, then it doesn't matter what you do with it. But if build thread is where you want to document, then each of your different perspectives will bring different angle ... think: he said, she said... but its about your shared tank. I love that we both have such passion for our tank (and each other - which keeps him from killing me when I want another fish or me killing him when I feel he's being lazy doing quick dip coral introductions (wait, we'll get bugs that eat corals and FINALLY I'll hear "honey you were right" (no, not then either LOL - I'll just hear screaming and crying as corals die))).

Build thread is a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I wish I had started thread while I was still in planning stage, even earlier than it sounds like you two are at right now. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). Quality to get badge doesn't matter, so no matter which way you go, know you both will have a badge (but hoping you each do one just so you can enjoy the different 'he said, she said' perspectives on your shared tank). Likely soon I'm going to break my live food sections of my build thread post into their own thread post to make it easier to expand upon them and link into relevant other threads/websites.

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone! Just wanted to say Hi! Been on here a few months getting information and enjoying everyone's builds. Now it's time to start my own build soon. It's in progress but waiting till I get a little down the road before I share. Want to make sure I give lots of updates of the process, good & bad. Does anyone know if Two members can be on a build thread? My fiancé and I are both in the hobby and I want to make sure he gets some credit to lol ;)
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

OP
OP
MamaMolo

MamaMolo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined. Defer to others for actual answer on your question. However since me and my boyfriend share my tank, I feel qualified to say you should both plan to do your own build thread even if for same tank because different perspectives from two different people would likely amaze you both. It's been very interesting to me how differently we each view same tank, tank milestones and tank goals. If he had a build thread, Michael's would be so very different than mine (link below). If all you want a build thread for is to earn badge, then it doesn't matter what you do with it. But if build thread is where you want to document, then each of your different perspectives will bring different angle ... think: he said, she said... but its about your shared tank. I love that we both have such passion for our tank (and each other - which keeps him from killing me when I want another fish or me killing him when I feel he's being lazy doing quick dip coral introductions (wait, we'll get bugs that eat corals and FINALLY I'll hear "honey you were right" (no, not then either LOL - I'll just hear screaming and crying as corals die))).

Build thread is a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I wish I had started thread while I was still in planning stage, even earlier than it sounds like you two are at right now. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). Quality to get badge doesn't matter, so no matter which way you go, know you both will have a badge (but hoping you each do one just so you can enjoy the different 'he said, she said' perspectives on your shared tank). Likely soon I'm going to break my live food sections of my build thread post into their own thread post to make it easier to expand upon them and link into relevant other threads/websites.

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Yep that sounds like us alright lol That's great idea about two perspectives and I guarantee we see this build totally different..... but I don't think he is interested in the blog part of the build. He already said so lol & I actually already started a build blog rough draft on pc from the beginning with notes and pictures :) Just holding off on starting thread since everyone likes quick updates and tank is mostly rocks and fish at the moment lol. Id like something to post in regards to progress and how I got there. I am excited to get that fancy badge lol

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 58 33.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back