Comline Reefpack 250

Discussion in 'Reef Aquarium Discussion' started by Reef_Tank_Fan_SC, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

So I an seriously debating wether or not to much this up to use on my 29 gal nano. Right now I have a power filter on it and no skimmer but it is just housing a few clowns at the moment so it's not a big deal. However I will soon be stocking with coral so I need to upgrade that SOON.. does anyone have any input on this? I am a fan of Tunze, I have there powerheads in my 54 gallon FOWLR and also for my mixing station, and I also have their osmolator on the nano already. From what I read this has a built in spot for me to put the sensors for the ATO inside the power filter.. sounds kool to me. Also the skimmer and filter will match and I won't have to do a lot of modifying to my current power filter. Hopefully someone out there has some input on this.. help me out fam. I need some input here..

sleeper likes this.
    Tags:
  2. sleeper

sleeper Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

I'm following along, I have a 7 gallon nano, I'm about the same position as you. I'm pretty sure I'm going to order the comline nano in tank filter within the next week or so.

3. Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

Come on guys, surely someone knows something about this thing.. Tunze has never let me down with the quality of their products so I have no reason not to expect good things from it.

sleeper likes this.
  4. sleeper

Well I just ordered my comline nanofilter 3161. I'll report back when it comes in. I won't have a long term report, but I'll let you know my first impressions.

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC likes this.
  5. Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

Thanks mate, I appreciate it

6. Artillerydrill

Artillerydrill Active Member R2R Supporter

I bought the reef pack years ago and it worked well. The skimmer is about what you can expect for a nano skimmer(light skim) filter is pretty useful as you can run whatever you want and have surface skimming ability. Only drawback I could find was one of the magnets rusted after I put it in storage. Still have them till this day I use it on my QT. Also used the 3 gallon bucket for my ATO res on my Nuvo 38.

sleeper and Reef_Tank_Fan_SC like this.
  7. Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

Now that is some useful intel.. thanks a ton for that my man. I appreciate it.

Artillerydrill likes this.
  8. Artillerydrill

Artillerydrill Active Member R2R Supporter

I feel like I should also specify the equipment is about 6 years old, all original and has never failed.

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC and sleeper like this.
  9. sleeper

I received my comline nanofilter yesterday, got it all set up and am mostly happy with it. Everything seems to have great quality and it is not only quiet, it is silent. So far I have a chemi-pure blue bag and the filter sponge in there. My only criticism is that it doesn't sit level in the tank. This is because the nanofilter version only has one magnet instead of two and larger models have two magnets, this will prevent any tilting. You should have space in your 29 for the next size up, and that would be my recommendation. If you want to see a picture, check out my build thread in the members nano tank section. I try to update it once a week.