Comparing filter rollers- **your reviews wanted!**

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im wanting to order some rolls from preconfilters on eBay but both of his 6" rolls say NOT recommended for use in Clarisea SK-5000
What are others using? I need them sent to Aus so its easier to pay through ebay.
Did you ever find out if there are other alternatives? Steve told me he is not able to source the previous material for the clarisea 5000 and he is trying to find a material that would work with the clarisea, but been unsuccessful so far.

Last edited:

carlosec83

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any luck on ordering for SK 5000?.
I emailed them and have not received a reply. Does anyone sorce from someone else now?. Resurrecting a couple months old thread, hope someone can help.

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But you are willing to spend the $200 a year to avoid changing floss/socks?
People are buying a $1300,- Mastertronic so they don't have to do watertests themselves.

$200,- per year so i don't have to clean filtersocks is a bargain.
By the way, if you let run the roll fast enough, you don't need a skimmer anymore. That saves time&money also.

Enderg60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So does anyone have updated info for that ebay listing? Is it even still available?

carlosec83

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He contacted me after a couple months and said he was unable to get the same materials that worked for us anymore.

BeastieReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just bought a Theiling roller fleece and looking to get the replacement roller but from what I read and see, the roller fleece isnt like the original. is there anyway around it? like i.e. using a different model like Klir 6"?

FisheRare

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping to get more feedback on the different options :)
Any thoughts on the red sea roller mat or the reef factory ? those are the two that im looking at presently . the red sea has nice options but is a little bulky plus i will have to modify my sump as well . space is an issue in my waterbox 100.3 sump

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the Reef Factory Medium sized for about a month now.
Straight forward & easy to work with. Since this is a first for me, it takes some "fiddling" to get it where you want it. I'm still playing with the bypass opening but that's it. I only wish I could see the float switch inside that operates the motor. I had to raise it to the highest position using only 1 screw.
The ID of these rollers is very small, so I don't think an off brand is going to work.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.1%
Back