Comparing strength of 2-part brands

Jax15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My question is about the relative strength/concentration of different 2-part brands.

I've been using the BRS pharma pouches for years, and they work well. However I also use the RedSea Coral Colors trace elements, and they suggest dosing based on the uptake of calcium... RedSea calcium! So to help me, does anyone know the answer to this formula?

x mL of RedSea Calcium (Foundation A) = y mL of BRS Pharma Pouch Calcium (mixed in a 1 gal jug)

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use any calcium with their trace. You dose 1ml of trace per 20ppm calcium used.

OP
OP
Jax15

Jax15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The question is more about concentration. I'm trying to figure out how many ml of BRS calcium would equate to 20ppm.

But I think you helped me solve this -- I realized I could calculate this using the BRS dosing calculator. When I got there, I realized they did this for me.. they actually added a RS Trace Elements calculator! :)

They also have this: Add 1mL of Red Sea Trace Colors additives for every 51.1mL of BRS Pharma Liquid Calcium Chloride Solution

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The question is more about concentration. I'm trying to figure out how many ml of BRS calcium would equate to 20ppm.

But I think you helped me solve this -- I realized I could calculate this using the BRS dosing calculator. When I got there, I realized they did this for me.. they actually added a RS Trace Elements calculator! :)

They also have this: Add 1mL of Red Sea Trace Colors additives for every 51.1mL of BRS Pharma Liquid Calcium Chloride Solution

This calculator will; allow you to determine how much of BRS is 20 ppm in your system:

Use the entry for Randy Recipe #1 if you use the BRS carbonate (washing soda) version

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 76 47.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 51 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back