Comparison: Hanna Salinity Check vs TM Hydrometer

Amazon is definitely cheaper for the beaker, but this is a nice set…

https://aquacave.com/tropic-marin-h...EevkXaag4Ibx8Y2vGm9YwqIKoL7s0aUgaAoAYEALw_wcB
Definitely the way to go.
I bought a plastic graduated cylinder on Amazon, but they have a frosted look to them, making it very difficult to get a precise reading.
I imagine there would be much less of a problem reading it l with a glass cylinder.
Also be careful how you handle the TM hydrometer. Mine slipped out of the casing and fell. End of hydrometer.
 
I use my TM Hydrometer when mixing salt. After I reach roughly 1.025 I calibrate my refractometer and Milwaukee. When feeling more motivated I cross check/calibrate to Randy's DYI fluid.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new